The Institute aims at promoting and furthering the cause of high professionalism in the practice of Project Management through life-long learning. IPMP’s programmes are designed to:
- Raise standards of professional practice in support of better Portfolio, Programmes, Projects and Business performance,
- Provide a development path for individuals, and a recognized qualification and award route, which form the foundation for a number of professional qualifications including the Full Project Management Professional (MPMP), Chartered Project Management Professionals (ChPMP), Master Project Management Professionals (MhPMP), and the Certified Project Management Consultant (CPMC) Awards.
The Institute’s Professional Membership Qualifying programme was revised and expanded to reflect the philosophy of ensuring every candidate registered into IPMP’s licensing programme has acquired adequate knowledge and competency of the level of a master’s degree before being admitted into the professional licensing programme of the Institute.
- The Institute’s programmes are tailored to produce and ensure professionals who are:
- Theoretically knowledgeable;
- Technically competent,
- Practically and professionally-oriented; and
- Ethically guided in practice.
The following services shall be rendered by the Institute: –
- Failure Report: Students who fail a subject may request a detailed report. This report shall contain indications by the examiner regarding the reasons for failure. Written requests must reach the Office of the Registrar together with the relevant fee within three weeks after results are released.
- Model Question Papers: Students may purchase model examination papers from the Institute.
- Remark of the examination script: Students who achieve a mark between 45% and 49% may request that their scripts be remarked. Written requests must reach the Office of the Registrar/CEO together with the relevant fees. Requests for model/past papers and reports must be made in writing and must be accompanied by the relevant fee. Students may also purchase suggested solutions for model/past papers from the Institute.
- Subject Syllabuses: Details syllabus is as contained in the exams guide, maybe reviewed without notice.
- Lists of prescribed and recommended textbooks: Details of recommended textbooks are given at the end of each subject syllabus.
- Academic Statements: Irrespective of the number of subjects passed, a student may request a detailed academic statement, reflecting the subject(s) he/she has already passed. This statement will be printed on an official CIAMC letterhead and is issued for a fee. The Institute will accept written or telephonic requests. The institute will advise students of their marks, per question-whether the subject has been passed or failed. Written requests must reach the Office of the Registrar/CEO together with the relevant fee.
- Examiners’ Reports: Examiners’ comments on various aspects of the examinations shall be published regularly.
- Membership publications: Students may subscribe to the “Ghana Management Review” at a reduced rate.
- Entering for Examinations
- Only registered students will be allowed to enter the examinations.
- Students are to complete an examination entry form in full.
- Submit the form together with proof of examination fee.
- The admission form will indicate the subject(s) a student has entered for,
- Students must take their student’s valid identity documents to the venue.
- Cheating During Examinations: Should a candidate at an examination be found cheating, his or her entry to that session of examinations will be canceled and appropriate disciplinary action will be taken by the University.
- Cancellation of Examination Entries
- You may cancel your entry due to illness or family bereavement in which case supporting documentation is required by the Office of the Registrar/CEO.
- Your cancellation request must reach us on (or before) the examination date.
- You will be required to re-enter for your canceled subject(s), in the usual way (by completing an examination entry form).
- Examination Venues
- The Institute shall arrange for students to write examinations in approved venues. Students are expected to travel to these venues to write examinations.
- Special examination facilities for disabled students can be arranged. You should write to us as soon as your registration confirmation has been received.