Core Values – POCIP
The Institute of Project Management Professionals (IPMP) regulate its members under its core values known as POCIP in their field of practices.
- Professional Competence and Due Care: Members have a continuing duty to maintain professional knowledge and skill at the level required to ensure that a client or employer receives competent professional service based on current developments in practice, legislation and techniques. IPMP Members should act diligently and in accordance with applicable technical and professional standards when providing professional services.
- Objectivity: Members should not allow bias, conflict of interest or undue influence of others to override professional or business judgments.
- Confidentiality: Members should respect the confidentiality of information acquired as a result of professional and business relationships and should not disclose any such information to third parties without proper and specific authority unless there is a legal or professional right or duty to disclose. Confidential information acquired as a result of professional and business relationships should not be used for the personal advantage of the IPMP Members or third parties.
- Integrity: Members should be straightforward and honest in all professional and business relationships.
- Professional Behaviour: Members should comply with relevant laws and regulations and should avoid any action that discredits the profession.