|2022 Conference Brochure
|2021 Conference Brochure
PROFESSIONAL LICENSING PROGRAMME
The Institute membership programme comprises the following:
- Thirteen (13) Course Modules Face-To-Face Lectures
- Eleven Continuous Professional Development Online Course
- Series of Mandatory Forum and Panel Discussions and Workshops
- Concept Project (Technical Paper) and present the findings in the annual conference
After completing all the above-mentioned requirement, you shall be inducted as a Project Management Professionals of the Institute of Project Management Professionals and award membership and professional certificates (Non-Academic). The programme consists of a series of lectures and research exercises, comprising course modules, and you are required to actively participate in all the face-to-face and virtual lectures and research exercises.
Continuous Professional Development Online Course Modules
Project Management Principles
Project Scope Management
Project Schedule Management
Project Communication Management
Project Procurement Management
Project Risk Management
Project Quality Management
Project Stakeholder Management
Project Cost/Budget Management
Project Human Resource Management
Project Integration Management
Face-To-Face Lectures Course Modules
Management of Project
Project Management PMBOK 7th Edition
Oil & Gas Project Management
Infrastructure Project Management
Project in Controlled Environment
Project Monitoring & Evaluation
Project Planning, Scheduling, & Control
Project Consulting Services
Project Tendering & Contract Management
Project Appraisal & Economic Viability
Public Sector Project Management
Project Management Application (MS Project)
Operations Research (Production)
Concept Project (Technical Paper)
Introduction of Concept
Literature Review and Gap Analysis
Method of Analysis & Presentation (Methodology)
Data & Information Analysis
Forum & Panel Discussion Workshops
The forum and panel discussion workshops topics and venues will be provided to member candidates by the programme coordinator.
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM ETHICS
Social media has emerged as an indispensable tool for communication and interaction. In addition to its affordability, the feature with which it offers group interactions makes it more appealing. This has significantly motivated laggards (late adopters of technology) to switch to smartphones.
WhatsApp groups being the most interactive instant messaging platform, which has emerged to be more active than all the active SNSs (social networking sites), has numerous advantages. However, to appreciate these advantages in a better way, the institute ought to be mindful of some ethics which are necessary for virtual interactions.
This article highlights on the Group Message Settings (Preferable) and the platform Group Ethics
Group Message Settings (Preferable)
- IPMP Social Media Platforms (WhatsApp, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) shall have a name that represent the institute and the institute Logo shall be used as group profile picture
- The purpose of establishing IPMP Social Media Platforms (WhatsApp, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) must be communicate and approved by the ethics and conduct director in consultation of the executive board
- IPMP Social Media Platforms (WhatsApp, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) shall be managed by an administrator appointed or approved by the ethics and conduct director
- IPMP Social Media Platforms (WhatsApp, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) shall seek consent of individual members before adding participants to groups
- IPMP Social Media Platforms (WhatsApp, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) shall be a public communication platform for all members.
Group Ethics – Do’s
- Keep to the purpose of the group, send messages for all in the Group; and not limited to certain individuals.
- To acknowledge and recognized individual for achievement professional.
- The wish of member’s birthday is permitted in the group, as it is also way of celebrating our members.
- Advertisement related to Institute of Project Management Professionals shall be allowed since, the platforms are the means of communication to members.
- Keep in mind that your words can be interpreted in multiple ways, so use short sentences that can’t be misinterpreted.
- Circulate only authentic and factual messages. Ask yourself these four questions before posting: (1) Is it true? (2) Is it relevant? (3) Is it necessary? (4) Is this a good time to post?
- Check the date of the news that you want to forward in the Group; and ensure it is not very old. Remember the news should be relevant to project management and its related fields
- It is better to be a silent spectator in the Group, than being a nuisance by responding to every message posted on the various platforms.
- Politely excuse yourself before you quit the group.
- If you are the Group Administrator: offenders in the group should be cautioned personally; and repeated offenders can be removed permanently.
Group Ethics – Don’ts
- Do not share irrelevant messages about other topics in a particular group.
- Do not post negative messages on religion, community, region, political party because it may indirectly hurt others.
- Do not embarrass fellow member in the group.
- Do not forward advertisement messages or offer messages without factual basis in the group.
- Avoid sending prayer-chain or surprise over recitation of prayer(s) in the group, as the purpose of the same is like the previous point.
- Don’t be offended if others leave the group. Not everyone wants the same information.
Materials Authorized to be Shared
The code is indicated the above that not everything that is worth sharing is suitable for sharing in IPMP group. There are a few exceptions to this. They can be shared in all groups, but they are also optional. IPMP Social Media Platform should think carefully before sharing them:
- Good News: When one graduates, or birthday, may share that good news with the institute members. This type of news can be shared across all IPMP Social Media Platform Groups.
- Sad News: Death, accident, and pandemics are among the sad news you can share with the group and should be related to our members.
- Invitation: Invitation to the institute CPD, annual conference, forum discussions, press release, or open house.
- Seasonal Greetings: When it’s Eid, new year and national anniversary, you can share congrats and best wishes with all groups that share with you the same celebration or understanding about it.
Professor Jonathan Annan (PhD)
Dr. Abdul-Razak Abubakari (PhD)
Professor Goski Alabi (PhD)
Professor David Asamoah (PhD)
Prof. Allan Kwesi Asante-Yeboah (PhD)
Mrs. Stella Aku Addo
Ing. Professor Elsie Effah Kaufmann (PhD)
Dr. Gabriel Odeh Appotey (PhD)
Dr. Daniel Amuyaw Addo (DBA)
Dr. Cornelius Adablah (PhD)
Dr. Adjenim Boateng Adjei (PhD)
Hon. Dr. Alfred Oko Vanderpuiye (D.Litt.)
Dr. Thelma Aboagyewa Frimpong Mensah (DBA)
Governing Council Member
Thelma Aboagyewa Frimpong Mensah, holds a Doctorate Degree of Business Administration, Finance option from SMC University, Switzerland, Master of Businesses Administration with Finance option from Sikkim Manipal University, India and a Bachelor Degree in Sociology and Political Science from the Ghana’s Premier University “Legon”.
Again, she holds Professional Doctorate and Fellow Member of Institute of Project Management Professionals Ghana, and in 2022, Dr Thelma Frimpong Mensah was nominated as Member of the Governing Council of Institute of Project Management Professionals, Ghana.
Her research area was in corporate governance and financial performance, she has proven experience in finance as she serves as the lead consult and CEO of Desert Dew Services and Consultancy. She also has over 12 years’ experience in general management, administration, customer experience, sales consultancy and mentoring. Financial analysis and budget preparations are key areas of expertise as well.
Currently, she works as the Billing Operations Manager and CFO of Olidia Care Inc, USA, Senator for Ghana with the World Business Angels Investment Forum, Senior Vice President in charge of education with the African Youth Institute, Ghana, Executive Board Member in charge of Women Empowerment and Entrepreneurship of the Shakers and Movers Educational Foundation, USA, Ghana Director for Women Empowerment for the African Youth and Diaspora Organization, USA, Ghana International speaker on corporate, conference and relationship matters.