To promote excellence in the practice of professional project managers by Certifying and regulating its members. Institute of Project Management Professionals is established to:
- Conducts examinations for its members to test the competency level
- Awards membership of the Institute;
- Evaluate the competency of persons engaged in project management
- Awards certificates of competency in the field of project management
- Research and publish on matters relating to national project development, matters of professionals interest and all relevant reports with regards to national development
- To train professionals with skills in expediting by initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing the work of a team to achieve specific goals and meet specific success criteria.
- To provide a platform for project managers, engineers, consultants & team members to share knowledge and contribute to National Development in Ghana, Africa and the World at large
- To connect the innovative capacity of project management professionals steps towards self-reliance.
- To eliminate the gaps between theory and practice helping to lift Ghana/Africa out of obscurity in areas of project management