IPMP aims at being the Project Management Consultancy (PMC) contractor of choice by supporting its customers’ business objectives and consistently delivering projects with outstanding safety and environmental performance that meet cost, schedule and quality targets. PMC services are being used on some of the world’s most challenging onshore, offshore and subsea projects. As a single point of contact or as part of an integrated management team with the customer, we apply PMC best practices and management skills developed on many completed projects, to assist our customers in achieving their business objectives. From the Technology & Licensor selection phase to the management of multinational consortia in the execution & successful delivery of world-scale, lump-sum turnkey projects, IPMP has the required project management experience and its goal is to be its customers’ PMC contractor of choice.
Commissioning and Start-Up
Commissioning & Start-Up is the last visible step of a project execution process. It moves the project from the “end of construction” to the “commercial operation” status. This phase covers initial and primary dynamic tests, including guarantee performance tests. Initiated right from the beginning of design phase, Commissioning & Start-Up activity aims to validate the construction integrity and confirms that the facilities are delivered in a safe, reliable and operational condition for a complete customer satisfaction.
- Execution in a planned and controlled manner: Technip executes the Commissioning and Start-Up services in a planned, controlled and quantified manner with the safety of his employees, customers, suppliers and subcontractors as a primary objective.
- Technology expertise: Technip proposes some additional services to his customers, such as operation training, maintenance and technology expertise.
- Competent and motivated team: The Commissioning and Start-Up services could not be achieved without the complete involvement of a competent and motivated team, made of women and men from various nationalities, taking up the same objective and challenge.
A key element in the execution of any project, procurement at IPMP is managed by a force of approximately 20 individuals assigned to project task forces. They are in charge of sourcing new suppliers, buying, expediting orders, inspecting the manufacturing of equipment and bulk material as well as organizing delivery and logistics. Each project team has the ownership of its budget and delivery and is supported by the expertise and processes of the Technip operating center it is attached to. All protect teams are bound by common Group policies and code of ethics. IPMP is a global player that sources competitively worldwide and can provide support to clients through the provision of dedicated procurement services.
IPMP has unique expertise in the management of simultaneous mega-projects. Sharp methods and processes enable us to deliver projects to customer satisfaction and the highest standards in Safety and Quality. Our unique range of construction expertise covers the oil and gas, petrochemical and energy fields and includes LNG plants, refineries, and steam crackers among others.
For over 3 years IPMP has demonstrated its ability to successfully manage industrial projects of all types and sizes, in Ghana. Our project management experience covers all types of services and contracts, ranging from project management consultancy services to lumpsum turnkey contracts as well as all types of contractual relationships.
- Project management the IPMP way: Key to IPMP successful track record is our approach to project management, which comes into play even before the contract has been won, during the bidding phase.
- IPMP is very selective in the projects it bids for. Each project is evaluated and selected on its own merits and no market share or asset utilization target supersedes this rule.
- Once a project has been awarded, the Project Director has full authority and is the single point of accountability during all phases of the project.
- Projects are monitored closely by Senior Management through monthly project reviews.
Project Risk Management
IPMP, as a major player in large size project implementation has developed a complete and comprehensive expertise in project risk management. This expertise is part of the added-value service that Technip provides to its Clients for all types of contracts, irrespective of its size. IPMP’s risk management process encompasses all phases of the project lifecycle i.e. it starts during pre-bid reviews of the invitation to bid (ITB) and ends only when all the contractual obligations have been fulfilled. Throughout these phases (bid preparation and project execution), all aspects such as commercial strategy, financial assets, contractual, technical, safety, environment are evaluated with respect to uncertainties or risks for the Project, Client and IPMP. Risk management requires total project team involvement and it is essential that all key members of the project team understand the project baseline, the risks anticipated as well as planned mitigation measures. Technip’s Project Management teams are well aware and versed in this requirement and are actively involved.