Certification via Experience (CVE) is an alternate route to becoming a member of IPMP through the assessment of relevant Project Management Work Experience.
Benefits: It recognizes and credits relevant PM experience, it provides a route for Full members who do not have the time to go through the tuition and write the Certification Exam because of pressing work responsibilities.
- A Full Member-in good-standing of the Institute for at least 2 consecutive years
- A first degree or its equivalent in any discipline
- 4 years’ work experience in a managerial position (*Middle to Executive Management Level)
- Should have provided evidence of having participated in at least six formal Continuing Professional Education (CPE) workshops /training within the last three years.
- Should have evidence of a minimum of 5 years work experience in the areas in project management
- Detailed review of record of professional experience
- An interview with IPMP assessor(s)
- Detailed reference from 3 nominated referees
- Duration: After submission of application and relevant documentation, assessment would be done within one month.
NB: An interview may be requested at the discretion of the IPMP assessors.
Mode of Application:
- Fill an application form, submit with bank draft to cover cost Gh¢4, 500.00 (Four Thousand, Five Hundred Ghana Cedis), two passport-sized photographs (white background) and certificates
- Attach resume or curriculum vitae detailing work experience
- CV should cover dates of employment
- Job roles, names of organization
- Key responsibilities and achievements for current and previous roles emphasis on past Five Years
- Nominate 3 referees who can speak to work experience or performance on the job
- 1st Referee: hould be your direct manager. If you are an HR consultant then 1st Referee should be a recent client.
- 2nd Referee and 3rd Referee: A peer who can speak on the impact of your work.