The Training and Development Units of the Institute of Project Management Professionals creates, promotes and fosters individual and youth effectiveness by developing and offering an array of innovative and diverse diploma programs in support of the youth commitment to national development, partnerships, and organizational enrichment.
The Training and Development Units offers Diploma programmes which are purposefully designed to respond to ongoing training and learning development for BECE and SSCE graduate. The programmes are also expected to address the administration and management challenges in Africa, educational quality and national development needs. The Training and Development Units of the Institute of Project Management Professionals does this in collaboration with relevant Education and Awarding Bodies in Ghana and Africa beyond, which includes:
- The West African Examinations Council (WAEC), a non-profit-making organization, with its headquarters in Accra, Ghana, was established in 1952 after the Governments of Ghana (then Gold Coast), Nigeria, Sierra Leone and The Gambia enacted the West African Examinations Council Ordinances in 1951. Liberia became the fifth member of the Council in 1974. The enactment of the Ordinances was based on the Jeffrey Report, which strongly supported the proposal for the setting up of a regional examining board to harmonize and standardize pre-university assessment procedures in the then British West Africa
- The National Board for Professional and Technician Examinations (NABPTEX) is one of three bodies with the mandate to regulate the tertiary education sector. Reconstituted in 2004, eleven years after its inauguration, NABPTEX is fully aware of the challenges and opportunities presented by current trends in Ghana’s tertiary education sector, as well as the need to position itself to enhance its value and relevance. NABPTEX has chosen to undertake a critical self-evaluation as well as examination of the operating environment.
- The Technical Examinations Unit (TEU) of the Ghana Education Service as already stated, is mandated to conduct technical examinations at the Craft, Advanced Craft, Technician and Diploma (DBS) levels in Ghana. The Unit, therefore, conducts, and awards certificates for the following examinations: Final examination of technical institutions (both public and accredited private institutions), Final examinations for the non-tertiary programmes of Polytechnic institutions including the Advanced Craft programmes, technician programmes and the Diploma in Business Studies (DBS). In addition, there are other special programmes which are examined by the Technical Examinations Unit for government and private agencies.
The Training and Development Units of the Institute of Project Management Professionals offer Diploma programmes which is awarded by the following National Awarding Bodies in Ghana:
National Board for Professional and Technician Examinations (NABPTEX):
- Diploma in Agribusiness & Finance
- Diploma in Banking Technology & Accounting
- Diploma in Administration
- Diploma in Computerised Accounting
- Diploma in E- Marketing
- Diploma in Procurement & Supply Chain Management
- Diploma in Public Administration
West African Examination Council (WAEC)
- Diploma in Accounting (ABCE)
- Diploma in Business Administration (ABCE)
- Diploma in Office Management (ABCE)
- Diploma in Accounting (GBCE)
- Diploma in Business Studies (GBCE)
- SSCE Certificate
Technical Examinations Unit (TEU) of the Ghana Education Service
- Diploma in Business Studies (Accounting Options)
- Diploma in Business Studies (Marketing Options)
- Diploma in Business Studies (Purchasing and Supply Options)
- Diploma in Business Studies (Statistics Options)
- Diploma in Business Studies (Entrepreneurship Options)
Awarding of Diploma Programmes Certifications
- WAEC Diploma: A candidate who passes all the course in the Diploma programmes in a maximum period of two calendar years from the date of the first registration will be awarded a Diploma Certificate in the area of study. A candidate who is unable to obtain a pass in all the Subjects within the stipulated period of two years from the date of the first registration will be issued single ABCE/GBCE for each subject in which he/she obtains a pass by the West African Examination Council.
- NABPTEX Diploma: The National Board for Professional and Technician Examinations (NABPTEX) will ensures that final certificates and diplomas are awarded on merit so that the right calibre of students pass out of the non-university tertiary institutions, professional bodies and private institutions.
- TEU-GES Diploma: Technical Examinations Unit of the Ghana Education Service as already stated, is mandated to conduct technical examinations and award certificate to students who has successfully completed their Diploma in Business Studies (DBS).
Diploma Programme entry requirement are follows:
- Candidates who have obtained passes in the relevant subjects at the GCE ‘O’ Level/SSSCE/WASSCE/General Business Certificate/Royal Society of Arts Stage II/London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Stage II Level may be considered as eligible candidates for the examination.
- Mature applicants: Candidates must be at least twenty-five (25) years of age and must attach proof of age with birth certificates or other legitimate documentary evidence to the completed application forms. Mature applicants must pass the Entrance Examinations to be conducted in English Language, Mathematics and General Knowledge. The mature candidate must have the relevant working experience in the subject area.
- Foreign applicants may be admitted on the basis of qualifications from their home countries for which equivalence shall be determined by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) of Ghana and submitted to the Institute. Evidence of proficiency in English Language will be required in the case of applicants from non-English speaking countries. Foreign applicants are also requested to acquire Non-Citizen Ghana card as a pre-requisite for offer of admission. Foreign applicants who fail to provide evidence of having acquired this card will not have their applications processed.
|ITEMS||International US ($)||Ghanaian (Ghc)|
|Application Forms Fees||100||200|
|Student Identification Card (ID)||100||200|
|Learning Materials (8courses)||640||800|
|Programme Tuition (Per Semester – 4 Semesters)||4000||5000|
|Total Programme Fees||$6,240||GHC7,100|
External Examination Fees: The external (Moderations) examination fees will be determining by the Awarding Examination Bodies (WAEC, TEU, & NABPTEX)
Mode of Payment: All admitted student bot local & international are required to pay 50% of total fees before attending lectures. The rest of payment of 50% should done in the final year of the programme.